1.23.2014

Vegan Lettuce Wraps

I stumbled on this by accident. I had made vegan gyoza and ran out of the wrappers.  So I had gyoza filling left over.   And I make teriyaki sauce quite often for all sorts of things, so I had that on hand too.  This was ridiculously fast to put on the table since I had all the pieces as leftovers in the fridge. 

If you aren't worried about looking messy (and licking fingers) in front of friends, this would be a fun small party food.


METHOD

Wash and spin dry lettuce leaves. You want to use the prettier more intact lettuce leaves for this (use the broken leaves to cut up for salad).  Butter lettuce makes nice small cup shaped leaves.

Reheat leftover rice or cook a fresh batch.

Heat up gyoza filling in a bowl.

Make teryaki sauce, or get it out of the fridge.

Arrange everything on the table. To serve, each person grabs a leaf, spoons rice and gyoza filling into the leaf and drizzles teriyaki sauce over. Eat immediately. It will be messy, but delicious. 

No comments: