11.29.2013

Raspberry Spinach Salad Breakfast

This was a perfect autumn breakfast.

I've been eating salads for breakfast. I like how I get my greens in early in the day-- I get lots of nutrition without going through my calorie budget too much. And contrary to popular opinion, as long as you keep it sweet with fruit, it's really not a difficult thing to eat in the morning.

In fact, I've been doing this raspberry spinach salad nearly every day this week?  

Thaw frozen raspberries (I picked a bunch this summer and froze them. They thaw in a glass bowl in the fridge overnight).  Place over boxed organic baby spinach. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top. Optionally, sprinkle hemp seeds over the top.

In the past I used to make a dressing (with medjool dates, or maole syrup)  but that's a bit too fussy for a fast breakfast. I can make this in the same amount of time it takes to set up cereal and a sliced banana.

I had this with my favorite California grown organic Japanese style green tea. And a slice of gluten free kabocha cake.

No comments: