9.16.2008

Japanese Sauteed Chicken Slices- BBQ Style

From what I call the bible of Japanese cooking, I adapted this recipe for "tori no usugiriyaki". Absolutely fantastic!! The best chicken I've had in years!!

I think it would be good with a little grated ginger added to the marinade, but really this is perfect as is.

Marinade
Combine in a bowl for marinating:
1 tea tahini
1/4 C minced green onion

3 cloves garlic, minced

3 TB soy sauce
1 TB honey

2 TB sesame oil

1/4 tea cracked black pepper


Add 1-2 thinly sliced chicken breasts and marinate 20+ minutes.

In a hot pan with a little olive oil, fry the chicken slices until golden on each slide. It will spatter, but you need the pan hot enough to cook the chicken to the right texture. I use long "cooking" style chopsticks to turn the pieces without getting hit with oil.

Repeat cooking until all chicken is cooked.

Serve over mixed brown/wild rice.

No comments: