3.29.2008

Mango Chile Sauce

I had two mangoes going bad, and thought I should do something with them....I altered a recipe from here.

Puree in a food processor:
2 mangoes, peel removed
1 jalapeno pepper
3-4 dried red chiles

Move that to a saucepan, and add:
1/4 C white onion, chopped/pureed (food processor is great here)
1 TB grated ginger
1/4 to 1/3 C sugar
1/4 C lime or lemon juice
1/4 or slightly less apple cider vinegar
1/2 C water

Bring to a boil and reduce sauce until it is thicker. I'm not sure what I'm going to use it on yet... perhaps shrimp and fried basil leaves, or salmon chunks, or over steamed veggies and rice.

Update! I used it on grilled fish! It was fantastic, really made the meal! I served it with quinoa, and roasted veggies topped in a balsamic reduction sauce (which I learned from Lori!) . Tasty!

No comments: