1.21.2008

Very Chocolatey Brownies

Ok so I love box brownies. I really try to stay away from processed boxed crap, but I swear it is difficult to beat boxed brownie mixes... until I tried this recipe! It is from another site that I love called Cooking for Engineers-- it details the chemistry of the recipe and has a nifty diagram at the end for a quick reminder of the recipe while you are cooking.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/158/Dark-Chocolate-Brownies

Basically, you melt 6 oz of baking type chocolate in a double boiler with a lot of butter, then add beaten eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, and bake! Simple enough, and AMAZING.... next time I might add more oil or another egg though, to get more "chewey" factor. They were best when cooled, which is difficult for a hot-out-of-the-pan-eater like me.

No comments: